Olive oil at its best..
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1 + 1/4 cup of white self-raising flour
- 2 large grated carrots
- 1 red skinless & grated apple
- 1 + 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 trimmed fresh ginger
- 1tsp powder ginger
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cognac
Are you ready & all handy?
- Mix sugar and flour together in a large bowl
- Stir well the dry ingredients
- Add the grated carrots, apple, ginger, salt & cinnamon to the dry mixture
- Separate the yolk from the white of the eggs
- Whisk the whites separately in a different bowl to create your fabulous meringue
- Whisk the yolk of the eggs in a separate bowl
- Add first the yolk to the rest of the mixture and stir well
- Then carefully add the meringue to the rest of the mixture
- Add the cognac
- Add the b.powder
- Lastly add the olive oil (tip: if too oily, you may need to add some more self-raising flour, so overall the self-raising flour will be approx. 1+ 1/2 cups)
- Stir everything well
- Grease a cake tin with some olive oil
- Place the cake tin in the oven (approx.45 minutes to an hour: 220* for the first 10-15 minutes; then 180* degrees)
NB: Instead of a large cake tin, you could prepare the cake in two smaller ones as in the photos!
Enjoy this delicious carrot cake prepared with the best ingredients ever, including the amazing Greek olive oil.
7LittleRubbers’s (7LR) inky recipes
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED